Along with the basic tools set, necessary for deployment of a training portal, demonstration of e-learning courses and testing, the WebTutor learning management system can additionally include the following modules:
- Education center. The module serves for planning and accounting distance and internal training. The module includes:
- tools for development of training programs, which include e-learning courses, testing and internal events, and for development of the training path for employees within the training program;
- tools for planning internal events – compilation of lists of participants, teachers and the required hardware; tools for notifying of the planned events;
- tools for accounting the results of internal training;
- tools for accounting training contracts and available physical resources.
Normally, the module is necessary for organizations, which actively provide internal training of employees, have a wide range of training programs for various categories of employees, education centers and higher education institutions.
- Personnel evaluation. It serves for creating libraries of competences and job positions profiles, planning and carrying out evaluation and its further analysis (competence evaluation, 360 degrees feedback system, etc.).
- Talent management and career development. It serves for dealing with the task of forming personnel reserve and career development.
- Virtual classroom. It allows holding webinars and online conferences using the WebTutor system tools.
- Knowledge management. Main tools of the module are knowledge map, tags and familiarizations. The knowledge map and tags allow structuring all information in the portal by relevant categories. If it is necessary to make sure that employees have studied certain material (a forum branch, a service document, etc.), one can use the familiarization tool, with which every employee will be asked to confirm his familiarization with the specified material. The Knowledge Management tool allows accounting subject matter specialists of the organization and their responsibility fields.
It is widely used by enterprises, which have strict standardization of production activity, particularly enterprises of the pharmaceutical industry.
- e-Library. It serves for structuring and accounting books and regulatory documents, existing in the organization, and displaying them on the portal. This module allows forming the structure of the library sections, accounting the number of available copies of paper documents, dates of handing out documents to employees and planned terms of returning these documents. It is also possible to demonstrate electronic documents on the portal without permitting to download them. Like the Knowledge Management module, the e-Library module can be useful for enterprises, which have a large number of regulatory documents and continuously update them.