The Itorum Company has finished the work on the development of a learning environment in the Prevention of Vessels Collisions during Flotation and Fishering and Sea Bioresources disciplines, related to adaptation of the environment for operation in the computer network of the Rosrybolovstvo’s educational institutions.
Within the framework of this project, we managed to integrate harmoniously the Webtutor-based learning management system (LMS), virtual simulators, and e-Learning courses.
The most interesting elements of the project are the virtual simulators simulating a ship’s radar and a maneuvering board. Integration of this simulators with the LMS ensures:
- teacher’s unassisted compilation of tasks for the simulators using specialized editors;
- compilation of the tasks library;
- tracking the trainee’s activity and results of the tasks solution using the simulators.
- storage of the tasks solution results in the LMS database;
- integration of the simulators with learning courses uploaded in the LMS.
In order to facilitate the usage of the system, we developed interactive e-Learning tutorial courses, which explain the order and rules of the software usage.
Shortly, we are planning to update our Encyclopedia by adding articles dedicated to the most interesting cases that took place at implementation of this project.